Your proposal meeting will take about 20 minutes total. During the meeting, the committee will ask questions and make suggestions to help you be successful. You may also take the opportunity to ask them questions as well since the committee members are leaders in the community and many have earned Girl Scout Higher Awards.
For a proposal meeting, prepare the following:
- 5-7 minute presentation about your project
- For a proposal, plan to talk about your plan, how you came up with it, the research you have done, your goals and leadership responsibilities, and your plan for success.
- For a final report, plan to talk about your success and challenges, how you grew as a leader, and the measurable and sustainable results of your project.
- Visual aids such as a board, pictures, PowerPoint, map, video, etc (these are often helpful, but not required).
- For a final report, also bring your Hour Log and Budget Worksheet.
At the end of your presentation, you will be told if your project is approved or if additional steps are needed.