What About Parents?
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
The Volunteer Toolkit makes it easy to be a troop leader! This online planning and curriculum tool has everything you need and is specifically designed to help you communicate and stay organized. With simple, online resources, you can streamline planning and focus on the FUN of leading your troop.
Say goodbye to digging through stacks of books and piles of resources. The Volunteer Toolkit is accessible from your computer, tablet or mobile device, so you can get what you need on the go. With the Volunteer Toolkit, you can:
- Guide girls through fun, girl-led activities with confidence! Get tips on what to say and do with girls at every age.
- Spend less time planning and more time doing! Access a whole year of Girl Scout fun by age level. Meeting plans include supply lists and printables.
- Customize and track events, meetings and activities. Year-Plan view lets you arrange your entire troop year at once and export it to your personal calendar. You can even change the order of meetings just by dragging and dropping.
- Access the girl and family roster, and track girls' achievements and attendance.
- Get great tips and support from Girl Scouts! The Resources tab includes helpful, concise pointers on working with girls and parents, getting out and about, and managing finances.
Register today as a leader, and you can access the Volunteer Toolkit for supply lists, nametags, printable songs and stories, adventure maps, and a year’s worth of fun templates and easy activity plans. Simply click and print all the resources you need. The best part? It’s free to registered Girl Scout troop leaders!
Parents who log into the Volunteer Toolkit can stay in touch with their leader or volunteer, and see what their girl's troop or group has planned this year in an easy-to-use calendar view.
Ready to get started? Watch the tutorial videos above for a preview, and then access the Volunteer Toolkit by simply signing in where it says "MyGS" above.
Have questions? Just email email@example.com or call 888-686-6468.