The health and safety of all campers and staff is our highest priority, and we selected our camp offerings this year to ensure the safest, high-quality experience for campers. Anyone who has a communicable illness or medical emergency are not permitted to attend camp, including any quarantine period following exposure to COVID-19.
COVID-19 precautions at all council camp sessions will be informed by the American Camp Association’s Field Guide to Camp 2021 as well as GSUSA, CDC, State of Kansas, and local health orders.
Precautionary measures as of December 15, 2021:
- Increased cleaning protocols for buildings and equipment
- Increased hand washing and reduced usage of shared materials
- Campers participate in pods of 25 or less for all activities, meals, sleeping arrangements
- Outdoor activities will be prioritized over indoor activities
- Indoor sleeping areas have been arranged to maintain 6 feet between sleeping campers and will be fully sanitized between camp sessions.
- A decision on masking during summer programming will be made May 1. For spring programming, masks will be required at all times while indoors (except eating/sleeping). Masks are encouraged, but not required, outdoors.
- Check-in and Pick-up:
- Starwoods: Drive-thru style check-in and pick-up will be used for day camps and resident camp; follow signs to stop at check-in stations throughout the parking lot.
- All other locations: Process will vary by location, as well as the size and composition of the group; details will be provided in confirmation emails approximately two weeks before the session begins.