The health and safety of all campers and staff is our highest priority, and we selected our camp offerings this year to ensure the safest, high-quality experience for campers. Anyone who has a communicable illness or medical emergency are not permitted to attend camp, including any quarantine period following exposure to COVID-19.
COVID-19 precautions at all council camp sessions will be informed by the American Camp Association’s Field Guide to Camp 2021 as well as GSUSA, CDC, State of Kansas, and local health orders.
Precautionary measures as of March 24, 2021:
- Increased cleaning protocols for buildings and equipment
- Increased hand washing and reduced usage of shared materials
- Campers participate in pods of 20 or less for all activities, meals, sleeping arrangements
- Outdoor activities will be prioritized over indoor activities
accommodations will depend on the state of the pandemic and guidance
from the CDC and American Camp Association.
- We are preparing for a semi-primitive summer which may include staying overnight in dome tents, platform tents, covered wagons, yurts, and Sky Lofts.
- If allowed, indoor sleeping areas have been arranged to maintain 6 feet between sleeping campers and will be fully sanitized between camp sessions.
- Masks will be required at all times while indoors (except eating/sleeping) and while outdoors within 6 feet of others (including activity instruction). Opportunities for socially distanced, outdoor mask breaks will be provided.
- Starwoods: Drive-thru style check-in and pick-up; follow signs to stop at check-in stations throughout the parking lot
- All other locations: May utilize staggered check-in/out times, depending on the size of the camp session