Our council appreciates all of your support for the girls and your efforts to help them earn funds for their future Girl Scout adventures!
During Cookie Sale, the Direct Sale: Cookies NOW! format allows girls to have cookie packages in-hand to sell door-to-door to family, friends and neighbors. Girls will exchange cookies and payment in one simple step. No more taking orders, waiting for weeks, and then returning to deliver and collect money. Through this format, girls have increased their sales on average by 28 percent!
How many cookies will girls receive?
Work with your Troop Leader to determine how many packages of each variety to pick-up initially. Consider how many you sold last year, (average was 224 per girl), your goal, and how many packages you want to be responsible for at a time. Note: Cookies may not be returned to the troop or the council.
Remember, you can pick up additional cookies from your Troop Leader as you sell more. You will be expected to pay for at least 50 percent of the cookies you previously received before picking up more. Troops can pick up more cookies at the Cookie Cupboards.
Girls still use order cards to take a customer’s order when she doesn’t have the variety of cookies on-hand the customer wants; take orders at their parents’ workplaces; and track sales and use the information to contact customers for reorders.
Please help your Girl Scout to:
- Introduce herself as a Girl Scout.
- Share her cookie sales goal with her customers.
- Name the varieties of cookies available.
- State that cookies sell for $5.00 per package.
- Be friendly and thank customers whether they buy cookies or not.
- Go door-to-door to sell to family, friends and neighbors.
- Use online tools, like email and text messaging to promote her sale.
SAFETY TIPS girls should know:
- Always sell with an adult or buddy; it’s not just safe, it’s more fun!
- Use only your first name and never share your phone number or address.
- Never enter anyone’s home when selling cookies.
- Do not carry large sums of money. Frequently transfer money to an adult and keep money in a safe place.
- Be careful crossing streets and watch for cars in driveways.
2020 Cookie Resources:
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Daisy
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Brownie
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Junior
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Cadette
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Senior
- Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin - Ambassador
- Cookie Share Receipt
- Direct Order Card
- Girl Supply Envelope
- Inventory Worksheet
- Juliette Parent Cookie Training
- Parent Permission Form
- Recognition Guide