The third-annual Thin Mint Sprint 5K Run/Walk & Cookie Relay is coming up on April 16 in Wichita, so now's the perfect time to gather with your Girl Scout sisters for a fun Tulle & Tutu Party!
Follow these steps for your own epic pre-race, tutu-making party:
1. Gather supplies:
- TULLE: Depending on the age/size of girls, buy tulle either in store or online. An estimate for a size 5-6 girl would be 6 to 8 yards of tulle.
- RIBBON: Cut the ribbon the length of the girl's waist plus 1 ft., so there is enough to tie a bow.
- EMBELLISHMENTS: ribbons, fake flowers, jewels, etc. Pick out your favorite embellishments to individualize your tutu!
2. Cut the tulle:
- Measure the length you want the tutu to be, double it, and add an inch. *Please note that slender/smaller girls' skirts might be a little shorter, and older girls' might be a little longer.
- Once you have cut the correct length, cut that into 4-inch strips.
3. Tie your tutu:
- Fold the strips in half, loop it around the ribbon measured to each girl's waist, and pull the ends through the loop.
4. Be EPIC:
- Now, add your embellishments to the tutu!
- Make sure
you're registered for the event on Ultracamp if you're a Girl Scout girl
member, or register on our Thin Mint Sprint page if you're an adult
or member of the public.
- Show up to Thin Mint Sprint in style! Enjoy activities for the whole family, and participate in the costume contest!
Other group costume ideas: Try tie-dyed T-shirts, or decorate
your own T-shirts with inspirational messages or team names!