Without adult volunteers, Girl Scouts would not be a viable organization for girls! Our volunteers make new friendships and awesome, unique experiences possible for girls. They're committed to helping ensure every girl can lead the way like a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™. Girl Scouts couldn’t and wouldn’t be the largest girls’ leadership organization in the world without them. But we are ... thanks to them! And we love them for it.
From organizing service projects to camp-outs and travel experiences the girls will never forget, Girl Scout volunteers give their all to help girls thrive. Join us in celebrating these incredible individuals this month during National Volunteer Month, National Volunteer Week (April 23-29) and on Girl Scout Leader's Day, April 22.
We hope you'll take a minute to say thank-you to the Girl Scout volunteers who have made a difference in your life.
Here are ways to show your thanks:
- Share your thanks. Write a note, take a photo, or draw a picture expressing your gratitude, tagging your special volunteer and Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Use the hashtag #NVW2017 to spread the word!
- Write a letter to your local newspaper to let others know the impact your Girl Scout Leader or volunteer has had on your life.
- Pick out a special gift in our Girl Scout Shops. From pins to jewelry to shirts and apparel, you're sure to find something for the Girl Scout volunteer in your life!
- Get creative. Make a creative gift from the heart to show your appreciation. Try wrapping up marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate for a s'mores kit with a note that says, "We need S'MORE volunteers like you!" Or put a special note on a packet of daisy seeds that says, "Thanks for helping us grow!" or "Thank you for helping tomorrow's leaders grow!" For more ideas, check out this list of 25 ways to thank a Girl Scout volunteer.
- Send a free e-card! Make your own e-card to share your thanks by picking your favorite of four designs and adding a special message. You can share it on social media or send it directly to the Girl Scout volunteer who's impacted your life.
Thank you to all of our Girl Scout volunteers who give their all to support the girls!