Refunds less a 20 percent non-refundable fee are provided when:
- A girl moves out of the council.
- A girl is certified ill by a physician (doctor’s note required).
- A family emergency occurs.
- Written notice of cancellation has been received 14 days or more prior to the event start date.
No refund will be issued when:
- A girl is a no-show.
- A girl leaves early due to homesickness, parent’s request or other non-medical reason.
- Written notice of cancellation has not been received 14 days prior to the program start date, other than for illness or emergency.
- Changes are made to an event schedule for safety reasons due to inclement weather.
Once a girl is registered, the $25 GSUSA membership fee (if paid as part of registration), payments for optional items such as T-shirts or transportation, and 20 percent of all other program fees are not refundable. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to notify Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland in writing of a cancellation 14 days prior to the program start date. Refunds are given in the manner in which they were paid, and to the account of fee origination. Cookie Credits transferred to troop accounts toward canceled reservations will refund back to each girl’s family account. A one-time transfer to another event is available if completed prior to the registration deadlines. No refund will be given for any difference in fee. Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland reserves the right to cancel any session when deemed necessary. A full refund will be made if the camper cannot be placed in a session of her choice.
Travel destinations outside the council area are subject to a separate travel policy, a copy of which is provided as part of the travel packet. If you are unsure as to the travel policy for a specific opportunity, please contact the trip director or a GSKH office.
To receive a refund:
- Notify the council refund administrator immediately.
- Send a written request for the refund 14 days prior to the program start date to: Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland, 360 Lexington Rd., Wichita KS 67218, Attn: Program Cancellation, OR email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to state the following: Name of the girl(s) whose registration(s) should be canceled; name and start date of the event; and reason for the cancellation.
Refund Policy for Volunteer Learning Opportunities
Volunteer Learning Opportunities refunds will be issued in accordance with the above Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland Refund Policy, with the following exceptions for Volunteer Learning Opportunities:
- Refund requests must be made in writing 5 days prior to the program start date. If a request of cancellation is not received 5 days prior to the program start date, a refund will not be issued.
To receive a refund of Volunteer Learning Opportunities:
Send notification to the Council immediately. Written Request: Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland, Attn: Registrars, 360 Lexington Rd., Wichita, KS 67218 or email: email@example.com. Include a reason for the cancellation. Acknowledgement of the refund will be sent.
Deadlines, Capacities and Cancellations
Once registration begins, programs will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will continue until the program has reached maximum capacity or the registration deadline, which is one week prior to the program date.