Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland is committed to making sure that Girl Scouting is open to all girls in our geographic area.
Our Council Cares program offers girls the opportunity to participate in Girl Scouting. Council Cares (financial aid and assistance) may be awarded for: Girl Scouts of the USA membership dues, uniform (tunic or sash), uniform components (troop numerals, council id set, flag set); handbook set or journey book; and council event fees, including summer program fees. Fill out the online Council Cares application!
A Council Cares application is not needed for Girl Scouts of the USA membership dues.
Council Cares Guidelines:
- Council Cares awards are granted only to current registered Girl Scouts.
- Council Cares awards are granted based on the financial need and availability of funds, with priority given to first-time applicants.
- Council Cares awards are not designed to replace individual or troop endeavor or Cookie Credits.
- Council Cares awards may be requested for part or all of the amount needed and may be approved in whole, in part or denied.
- This form may be completed by the parents/guardians or troop leaders.
- Registration for events or summer programs must be submitted four weeks prior to the event.
- Do not pay for registrations, items or events in advance and then ask for a refund.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the parent/guardian and will need to be resubmitted for consideration.
- Please allow three to four weeks for a reply.