Thanks to the generosity of donors, Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland is able to offer several scholarships. To apply, complete the 2018 College Scholarship Application.
This year’s council scholarship offerings include:
George and Jayne Smith Scholarships: $3,000 (up to six
scholarships available). 2018 Smith Letter and 2018 Smith Instructions.
- Gold Award Scholarship: $2,500. You must have earned the Gold Award. (If you graduated in 2017 and earned your Gold Award after the scholarship deadline, you are eligible to apply this year.) 2018 Gold Award Scholarship Application
NOTE: One transcript and two set of references are required (only one copy of the transcript and references is needed even if applying for more than one scholarship). Click here for the 2018 College Scholarship Reference Form.
All applications are due no later than 5 p.m. Jan. 29, 2018, to:
Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
c/o Scholarship Committee
360 Lexington Rd.
Wichita, KS 67218
Recipients of named scholarships above will be recognized through Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland print and online materials as well as possible council events. We look forward to receiving your application. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-686-6468.
Scout of the Year Scholarships
Annually, the Veterans of Foreign Wars recognizes four individuals: Girl Scout Gold Award recipients, Eagle Scouts, Venture Silver Award recipients, and Sea Scout Quartermasters who have risen above their peers in exemplifying the exceptional qualities of that rank with the following:
- $5,000 1st place scholarship
- $3,000 2nd place scholarship
- $1,000 3rd place scholarship
To be eligible for the award, the candidate must:
- Be a registered, active member of a Boy or Girl Scout Troop, Venturing Crew or Sea Scout Ship.
- Be the recipient of the Eagle Scout Award, Gold Award, Venture Silver Award or Sea Scout Quartermaster Award.
- Have demonstrated exemplary citizenship in school, Scouting and community.
- Have reached his or her 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
Prudential Spirit of Community Award
Girl Scouts, are you making a difference through volunteering? If so, Prudential Financial and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) wants to recognize you! You could win $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C. in May. The application deadline is Nov. 7, 2017. Girl Scouts can apply online and get the latest details by going to http://spirit.prudential.com.
All state-level honorees will receive special recognition — the top high school and middle school volunteers will receive silver medallions, $1,000 awards, and an all-expense paid trip to the nation’s capital for several days of national recognition events. The top 10 youth volunteers will be announced in a special ceremony in Washington, D.C., and each will receive a gold medallion, crystal trophy, and a $5,000 grant from the Prudential Foundation for a charitable nonprofit of his or her choice.